Press Start to Discuss

Saturday, 18 October 2014 00:00

Impressions: Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax (Part 1)

Written by

In the first of a two-part article, enigma talks about the many successes and failings of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's story and presentation.

This week, enigma talks about Digital Devil Saga 2 and his thoughts on the game.

Saturday, 04 October 2014 00:00

Impressions: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Written by

Enigma talks about Digital Devil Saga, an classic JRPG from the PS2-era.

Saturday, 20 September 2014 00:00

Are RPGs Even Allowed to Have Good Combat?

Written by

After playing so many RPGS, enigma ponders whether or not it is even possible for them to have "good" combat.

This week, enigma goes back into old-school Shin Megami Tensei games with Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. Find out whether this classic game holds up to the test of time.

Friday, 05 September 2014 00:00

How Microtransactions Ruined Dead Space 3

Written by

This week, enigma explains how the simple inclusion of Microtransactions completely destroyed Dead Space 3.

Friday, 29 August 2014 00:00

Impressions: Dead Space 3

Written by

Enigma really hates Dead Space 3. Find out why here!

Friday, 22 August 2014 00:00

Impressions: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Written by

Enigma plays Injustice: Gods Among Us. Find out whether he though it was as amazing as Superman, or as detestable as Lex Luthor.

Monday, 11 August 2014 00:00

Impressions: Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

Written by

Engima replays Kingdom Hearts, this time with the Final Mix content. Find out his thoughts in this impressions article.

Saturday, 02 August 2014 00:00

Impressions: Shadowrun Returns

Written by

Enigma discusses exactly why he loves Shadowrun Returns as much as he does.

Saturday, 19 July 2014 00:00

Narrative Pacing: The Oddity of Games

Written by

After playing Dragon Age: Origins, enigma muses on the difference regarding narrative pacing of games as opposed to other forms of media.

Saturday, 12 July 2014 00:00

Impressions: Dragon Age Origins

Written by

Enigma finishes his playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins and has a lot to say about it.

Saturday, 05 July 2014 00:00

Impressions: Vagrant Story

Written by

Enigma plays Vagrant Story and talks about his feeling on it.

Saturday, 21 June 2014 00:00

Kingdom Hearts 2: Why Does It Irk Me?

Written by

Enimga discusses some of the more negative aspects of Kingdom Hearts 2, and how they may have set the tone for the rest of the series.

Tuesday, 10 June 2014 00:00

Character Analysis: Aiden Pearce

Written by

Enigma explains why he feels that Watch_Dogs protagonist Aiden Pearce is a complete sociopathic monster.

Enigma makes the bold claim that Final Fantasy X-2 handles faction gameplay better than Skyrim.

Wednesday, 23 April 2014 05:00

Impressions: Final Fantasy X HD

Written by

Enigma expressed his thoughts and opinions on the HD rerelease of Final Fantasy X, which includes the content previously only found in the International version of the game.

Like many people out there in the gaming space, I like to try to play games to completion. Though I do that with fewer and fewer games as I grow older, those games that particularly interest me still fuel that urge to do everything I can before moving on. Because of this, I am all too familiar with some of the frustrations that come from such a playstyle. Open-world RPGs can be either great or horrible for people like myself. On one hand, we always have something to do, because those kinds of games will almost always have a quest or two hidden away for players to find. However, completions like me are never able to completely move on from them, because those kinds of games will almost always have a quest or two hidden away for players to find. Despite this problem, this genre can be implemented in ways that can either exacerbate this feeling or lessen it in people.

Wednesday, 20 November 2013 19:05

To Heavy Rain and Beyond: David Cage's Problems

Written by

(Spoiler Alert for Beyond: Two Souls. I wanted to keep this post spoiler-free. However, as I was typing it I realized that my points are stronger in the presence of clear examples from the game.)

As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I purchased and played through Beyond: Two Souls: Starring Ellen Page and Willam Dafoe, developed by David Cage and Quantic Dream, when it came out a while back. Despite the similarities between Beyond and Quantic Dream's previous opus, Heavy Rain, Beyond has been much more negatively received than its predecessor. On Metacritic, for example, Two Souls received a 71 on Metacritic, whereas Heavy Rain received an 87. That is a grand total of a 16 point difference between the games, which is fairly significant. What is it about Beyond that makes people dislike it so much more? This week, I propose a possible answer.

Page 1 of 3